Go to Forum New

About knight ?

i wonder for a while . knight seem suck than other class .

first is about its skill . cool down is way too long .
like AOE skill need 30s cooldown while other strong skill 60s . hardly can use them mutil time except boss . while for example mage aoe only need 10s way too fast for arena team
next is its casting time . they took way too long . for example Arogan shield . i can't  cast it in time before first round attack no matter how fast i try . or when i cast delphic destroyer . before it done, other player hit me and hit me again ( 2 times )

normally knight as a tank will stand in the front line to defend other class . but in this game , other 2 class doesnt care about front like or not . archer can target any one random . while mage with AOE cooldown 10s doesn't understand about this term either. so knight work best as a tank when go for dungeon .

but then about the damage knight take . i build my knight so it have over 3k phys def . but still, those with less than 3k damage like archer, use their first skill which around 50% damage still can hit me 300 damage . event some monster which hit my gryphon with over 1k def just a littler lower than when they hit me . why cant i decrease it to 1 ?
when i go for dungeon with a team, an archer with like 1k def lower than me took the same amount of damage as me . so other class with decent def and high attack power work way better def than a knight with high def low attack power .
well ofc we can build knight other way but their skill is more for def anyway

last is about game event , most of event is world boss but most of time i can't see knight in the top 10 =.=" . can there be more event which knight can make best use of it .

i just want to ask about this . can any1 give me your opinion ? should we improve knight a little ? or they as good as they are already ?
i'm within top 10 arena in s3 but still it too hard for me to play with my knight for long .
thank for reading and sorry for my poor english

The reason the damage reduction is messed up is because they always deal at least 10% of their pattack so no matter how high your def is they will always hurt you, unless you have argonian shield. And yes as with most games the knight is more a pve class while the other to are more designed as pvp.

Last Edited by hiloka on 2012-8-27 22:17

Also knights have the easiest time tanking in dungeons because that is what they were made for,
btw i only put this one here because i double sent first message

Last Edited by hiloka on 2012-8-27 22:17

Also knights have the easiest time tanking in dungeons b ...
hiloka Posted on 2012-8-27 22:16

well they can tank but they cant deal much damage to monster there . because their attack power is weak , their skill cooldown is long, even for the first skill ( 5s ) . so they always need other to kill monster, just stand there to take hit . but get lots of damage even though they have high defend .
also if monster can attack back row then they become useless .

(S1) A knight is number 1 in arena and usually top 3 in world boss and without using balens to revive. Build knight HP up high for extra hits.

my knight already can take 2 hit now . but i dont go for damage i go for def . that why it such when tank take too much damage even though def is high

i didnt mention about arena because it so individual . you can spend lots of money, buying gem and such, you become stronger than other . so not sure if that knight top 1 because knight is good or just because he has lots of money .

for world boss, as far as i know in s3, most of time no knight got in top 10 .

Reply 5# Avarix

Ya that would be adena... GO TheTitans!

All classes can do major damage if you know how to play them and also have the means to get the best gear and gems for said gear.

This game is all about your stats and nothing else. All 3 classes by lvl 40 can have over 6000 attack if you dump the money into the game, which some have that i have noticed. A true free to play person can have over 5000 attack at 40 without spending a dime on all 3 classes.

So people need to quit saying this class or that class is under powered. All 3 classes work the same in the end with gear being equal.

Ya although archers do have a bigger advantage with their specials and higher base stats.. it is all about the equipment that makes someone stronger. I still feel that they should lower the archers def a little though because of the fact that it can hit any layer on the field and isn't limited to the front row like the knight

Reply 7# hiloka

Actually that would be Elusive. Though Adena is top 10 in Arena and usually top 3 in world boss (kinda obvious she revives though sorry)

Go to Forum