Go to Forum New

AFKERS IN BATTLEGROUNDS

Lately I have noticed an increased number of people AFKing the battlegrounds in order to reap the rewards at the end and doing nothing the whole time through it. I would like to suggest a time limit for how long people can just stand there not doing anything (maybe like 30 seconds to a minute?) It sucks seeing like 7 people just sitting there at entrance while we do all the work and they still get the benefits...

By the way, I tried BG sometimes, and what is better? Spend time to try to collect and collecting nothing because you are attacked all the time? Or wait at the entrance, because you can't do anything because of the attackers (and you are so bored of trying)?

By the way, I tried BG sometimes, and what is better? Spend time to try to collect and collecting no ...
vikleroy Posted on 2012-10-31 17:06

If you want to give up on it and don't like it, then don't attend. It it not other peoples fault. If you would like to complain about the level gap then go make your own thread, but they are already working on that issue.

Lately I have noticed an increased number of people AFKing the battlegrounds in order to reap the re ...
Jennibear Posted on 2012-10-30 13:55

I totally agree with you. Some sort of idle timer would be great - kick someone after a set period of inactivity and have the 5 minute re-entry rule apply. That would solve a huge problem...

Last night I saw (or maybe it was Friday night....) some of the most reknown players on the server sitting AFK at the entrance, and I thought to myself "So THAT'S how they do it..." Go AFK in every BG every night and atockpile all of the insignia and honor that they can get, then buy all of the best gear and clean house in the arena.

I must say, I lost total respect for one of those individuals in particular. But then again, I don't think they really care about respect at any rate.

I must say, though, that with the arena matching the way that it is, and the new Battleground times, I think going AFK in the Battlegrouonds would be the only way that I will be able to earn Insignia following tonight's patch.

Why am I so distraught over this? I'm not addicted, I can quit any time....

lol when some of the more reknown players are afk it is good for the smaller players

LOL Not when they're on your team!

They'd rather their entire team lose while they're AFK as opposed to actually playing the game and being on the winning team. The point is that it affects the entire team.

LOL Not when they're on your team!

They'd rather their entire team lose while they're AFK as oppos ...
polygon Posted on 2012-11-7 06:04

That's what bothers me the most about the AFKers - because they're not doing anything, the rest of the team has to work much harder. It's sad to see teams that have half of their members AFKing... and it happens quite a bit.
Magister - s2,18,26,29,31

Agreed. It really gets me when i see people just sitting there doing nothing. I've lost a lot of matches because of afker's. It may not seem like a big deal, but that is hundreds of insignia's by now.

Ya I did that once before, but then I realized that I'd get more honor if I just focused on one of my chars.

I can understand that sometimes you may not want to risk losing star points for the team, but outright camping there for the ENTIRE time...is unfair~

Go to Forum