Go to Forum New

BADLANDS

The Badlands is a tuff battle , especially in early attempts. For most players this area will require co-operative efforts of the classes.
This Boss is tricky to beat as the "bleed" buff is devastating to HP's...timing & proper skill selection become critical here. These type Bosses is where Mage's are truly loved with Purification & Suntoria  they do shine. Due to this fact, unless ur OP, mage's are an almost necessity for most groups trying to run this MP Dungeon, this does apply a responsibility on them to assist others try to get much needed Exp , Daru etc.
For Mage's 2 is best as one for Purification spells routinely timed & one with Suntoria etc for DPS all must watch battle closely for this "bleed" sign on players as well as Boss & time your skill shots accordingly...missed timing on Purification spell can mean disaster...but even losing this round DON'T give up...try again, once you get the skill routine & timing down this goes much smoother.

I encourage & beseech all who have scaled over this hump to reach back & assist those still struggling in this area as this & others I hear is one of those spots we all need to work together giving each other that helping hand up

Im on S1 Avarix if anyone needs help with badlands pm me Im always willing to help players get through it.

Im on S1 Avarix if anyone needs help with badlands pm me Im always willing to help players get throu ...
Stormchild Posted on 2012-10-27 09:05

Thanks for offering to help , I know a few players cud shur use a strong mage to help out.... I hope others too, from all servers, offer & co-operate in these tuff higher levels as well. (I hear the Garden is even worse   ). These areas are so vital while you can soak up the much needed EXP. & Daru, crucial supplies for troop leveling & that ever longer road to next level.

Thanks again...I am sure others will appreciate the help.
Have fun...Game On & Good Hunting to All

Reply 3# iTokesAlot

The garden is almost impossible even for higher level players and The next group dungeon is not possible at this time for any group to finish at least not yet. With the garden you need 2 mages both with blessing skills maxed if possible, purifacation and other healing skills, lightning bolt is really the only attack needed, why its best to have 2 sets of skills, yes I know it cost a fair amount for the second set but, if your gonna stick around its well worth it in the long run. Then you can have a pve healing set which also works well in forgotten and a pvp group arena/BattleGround/world boss which includes skills like thunder. Back to garden--Basicly the idea is to have 2 good tanks Knights, your job as a mage is the keep them alive so they can deal the damage while you remove bad affects with purify and heal with blessing, each mage has to watch what the others doing be easier if you had a chat set up with head set then you could talk. But its fine without that, just keep an eye on the other mage if he casts a healing then wait and attack with lightning etc. Basicly keep the knights alive and the bleed off them and let them kill the bad guys.

As a mage on s7 and experiencing the lack of 45+ mages and knights to do badlands I am noticing many still running void for alot less exp, I would be happy to run others through most dungeons however it's a drag enough doing your own 5 attempts of badlands besides running other groups. Perhaps there should be some incentive for players to run more past their own attempts?

Reply 5# Attonbitus

I agree with that to the 5 mp runs per day do limit the incentives for others to help out in lower levels or when they have completed them. If they  let  loot be obtained or even friendship points be gained it would be an incentive. The no exp after 5 runs is fine imo, just more people would be willing to help if they running instances that can take 20 minutes or more, and if they help out on all 5 runs 1 and half to 2+ hours if there was some kind of incentive to being there most people don't mind helping but it takes so long to get everything done as is taking 2 hours of someone's time can be a majority of the stuff they do usually <.<.

well, I also encourage grps w/ 2 archers both having scatter. Alternate debuffing, strong mage for heals and a fort up front.

Reply 4# Stormchild
I have only tried garden once with myself, Delphus, greedsever, & Dragonwolf. We were fine until final boss, and even then we were fine until he summons the 2 clones of himself. We were simply not strong enough to finish. The 2 archer 2 mage combo will probably not work for anyone on that map. I fear archers will lose out here altogether to the 2 knight 2 mage combo. But hopefully someone can figure something out so that archers aren't left behind on this one.

Reply 8# Elfarin

S5... We run with Eilistraee (Archer) Auriel (Archer) Scarborough (Mage) and our 4th is eitherr Judoas (Mage) or Parsley (Archer) and run GoD everyday 5 runs since Scar, Pars, Judo hit 50. We do it with a 2 archer 2 mage formation usually and clear in under 20 minutes now. Don't find nearly impossible if your guild skills are leveled and have good teamwork. We've been running the mp since myself and Auriel been about 54 and Scarborough was 50 (who is an amazing healer). I leveled to 60 today why the 0 xp on screenshot. Current level of group is 60,59,53, 52 we first started at 54 54 50 50. One mage is needed for the instance but other 3 members can be switched around just need a team that works well with one another .

Just posting screenshots to show:p

I am only an archer on server 6, but I am willing to assist anyone in need of help in the badlands. I am a halfway descent DPS, I can be of some use. Feel free to PM me! =)
Glory to Valhalla!
-Kit

Go to Forum